TCBOTB-BrightBlog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Another day late and dollar short...but worth the read, nonetheless!

So Fridays are always crazy for me! Not sure why,really but they are busy, busy!!!!

So here is my Five for Friday...and Free Font Friday posts all packed together into a late Saturday evening post!



I am happy to get back to blogging, with no courses to take this summer. There are so many great educators out there, with fantastic resources to share.  The Teaching Tribune's current linky parties are no exception.  Yesterday was Free Font Friday...
Although I do not create my own fonts...yet (but would love to learn), I am going to share one of my favourite resources...
Last summer, I found Deniece's website and she has some great fonts to use FREE (commercial use as well).  If you read her page of FREE FONTS, she shares her favourite fonts.  Please head on over to This Little Piggy Reads and check it out...don't forget to leave her some love!


This is my first week of summer holidays, and I actually went to work on Monday to clean up my room. I am so happy to not have to move rooms this year (or grades) and to be able to file reports and finish off my room in one day's work.  Of course, I still have some work to do to finish the cleaning at home...



The best part of summer is spending it with my favourite person...my 5 1/2 year old son! He is such a loveable, funny, kind little man, who makes me proud every day...and tests me sometimes too!  This is the first year he has been allowed to explore the neighbourhood a little. I am often torn between building his independence and being protective of him. So far he has been so good...following our rules and always checking in if his play takes him to new location.  He is having so much fun!

Summer days!


There is another thing I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE doing in the summer...READING!  The Saturday that marked the start of holidays, I text my past teaching partner to see how she was enjoying her first day at the cottage and told her, "I was thrilled to be reading a book without pictures!" 

What are you reading this summer?


I am also excited to be creating products to share with all of you. I have made things for my class this year, but nothing is ready to share yet. My TPT store only has a few things for sale and I have offered freebies on this blog (check out the most recent freebies here). Hopefully I will have more to share with you next week, but in the meantime, you can find the following by reading through this post AND checking out my TPT store - everything is still ON SALE!

Products ON SALE now...and freebies too!
Well, that is it for my week! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!  I will be working away on my A-Z Write the Room pack this week, to practice our weekly letters and sounds (something I began with my class this year).  Is there anything you would like to see for Back to School? I would love to hear from you!  Head on over to Doodle Bugs {first grade rocks} to check out everyone else's five!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...